Make sure you don’t miss any Central and Eastern European tech news. Sign up for the Eastist Newsletter, delivered weekly, full of stuff like you see below and more.
- An Estonian (pult) and a Latvian (Trainingbook) company participated in the London Mini Seedcamp on January 31st.
- Farmeron from Croatia and 300.mg from Estonia presented at the 500 Startups demo day as part of its third graduating class. Read reviews on Forbes also see 500 Startups slides
- Latvian RentMama launched in the UK. Read on TNW
Funding and Accelerator News
- The first batch of 7 startups starts in the new Russian accelerator TexDrive. Read on Springboard
- A clean energy fund focused on Russia launches. Read on Reuters
- European VC investments hit a 11-year low. Read on FT
- 2011 accelerator performance figures revealed. Read on TC EU
- Polish Q&A startup Wisdio got reviewed on TechCrunch. Read on TechCrunch
- Latvian Cobook got glowing reviews on Cult of Mac, lifehacker, and elsewhere.
- Great networking advice for startups from HackFwd. Read on HackFwd blog
- ERPLY CEO wrote a guest post for Venture Beat on mobile payments and retail. Read on VB
- Interesting article on How Tel Aviv became a tech hub. Read on WSJ
- A further reading on clones and what to do with them. Read on GigaOm
- Om Malik’s talk from the last HackFwd event is finally online. Watch on HackFwd
- Polish politicians don Guy Fawkes masks in parliament to protest ACTA. Read on Slashgear
- GoalEurope put together an awesome and very comprehensive list of European startup events in 2012. See on GoalEurope
This week on Eastist