The Europas are premier European awards for early stage technology startups, and what follows is not actually a guide. We don’t really think you should vote for companies and people based on simple regional loyalties. Nonetheless, many of our readers might be interested in a little bit of detail about the The Europas nominees from Central and Eastern Europe. Here they are, organized by official Europas categories.
Best Service Provider to Startups (Legal, Financial, PR etc)
Ehm, none. The European startup service industry is (understandably) strongest in London.
Best Business or Enterprise Startup
- Pipedrive – Estonia / USA; a software tool for managing your sales pipeline.
- Profitero – Ireland, but the founders have Ukrainian and Belarussian background; competitor analytics for retailers.
- Quoterollers – Belarus; helps manage proposals, quotes, documents, etc.
- Salespod – Croatia; a field sales and services automation solution.
- Zubibu – Poland; mobile e-commerce solutions.
Best Advertising or Marketing Tech Startup
- Brainient – Romania / UK; interactive video advertising and targeting.
- Campalyst – Estonia / Latvia / Lithuania; measures the real ROI of social campaigns.
- DoubleRecall – Slovenia / USA; a recall based advertising solution for online properties.
Best European Startup Accelerator
- Bucharest Hubb – Romania; a coworking space and community.
- CEED – Bulgaria; a center for entrepreneurship.
- GammaRebels – Poland; a startup accelerator program.
- Garage48 – Estonia; mentoring and prototyping events.
- Openfund – Greece and South Eastern Europe; seed fund and accelerator.
- And a special mention in this category goes to all the international accelerators that support entrepreneurs from all over Europe, such as Seedcamp, HackFwd, Springboard, Startup Bootcamp, or Founder Institute.
Best Startup Tool For Startups
- Codeanywhere – Croatia; a code editor in a browser.
Best Mobile or Apps Startup
- SaveUp.pl – Poland; photo recognition technology for mobile shopping.
- vox.io – Slovenia / USA; browser-based calling.
Best Entertainment, Audio, Video, Music Startup
- Mixgar – Hungary; a community music streamer.
Best Gaming or Social Games Startup
- eRepublik – Romania / Ireland / Spain; a massive online social strategy game.
- Nordeus – Serbia; developer of the Top Eleven game.
- Oust.me – Slovenia; a geo-location game.
- Sportmeets – Slovakia; helps people organize sporting events.
Best Social Platform or Networking Startup
- Booklikes – Poland; a social network around books.
- Filmaster – Poland; a social film discovery service.
- Flirtic – Estonia; a social network for flirting and meeting new people.
Best Education, Recruitment, Media Startup
- Newscurve – Serbia; a web analytics tool for online publishers.
Best Commerce, Finance or Payments Startup
- Transferwise – Estonia / UK; an online currency exchange service.
Best VC of the Year 2011
- Credo Ventures – Czech Republic
- Fast Lane Ventures - Russia
- hardGamma Ventures – Poland
- Kite Ventures – Russia
- RSG Capital – Slovenia
Best Sport, Leisure or Health Startup
- Sportlyzer – Estonia; a virtual coach.
Best Culture (Fashion, Art etc) Startup
Best Transport, Travel or Environmental Startup
- MyGuidie – Poland; a city guide using locals.
- Ostrovok.ru – Russia; hotel booking services for the Russian market.
- PocketGuide – Hungary; audio city guides.
Best Exit 2011
Best Angel or Seed Investor of the Year
Best Startup Advisor/Mentor of the Year 2011
- Ivo Spigel, Perpetuum Mobile – Croatia
- Ksenia Yolina, Yandex – Russia
Best VC Partner of the Year
Vote with your heart…